View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Mayhem
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atebit View Post
Did you use the diagnostic LED on the module to verify it was installed correctly?
I know it's installed correctly. I have been programming it using a laptop for some time. The other day it occurred to me that some day I might have a break down on the road and require my vehicle to be towed to a dealer, hence, my quest to learn how to program it manually with the turn signals.

I sort of answered my own question--- I spent the last two hours sitting in my car trying things until I finally mastered it. With comfort access, you do not need to insert the key.

The key is to "listen to the turn signal clicks."

When you first enter programming mode, you will already be in function (1).
To know if it is disabled, listen for the right turn click. If no click, then the whole module is disabled. If you hear one click, it is *on.*

To go to the next function, you push down the stalk, and you will hear clicks in sequence. Two left signal clicks for function (2), Three left signal clicks for function (3), four left signal clicks for function (4), and so on.

Once you are in the desired function, push upwards on the stalk to reach the desired state. Listen for the right clicks, (1) click, (2) click, (3) clicks, and so on...

Use the function chart in the instruction sheet to know the functions and the features.

It's not that hard once you figure it out. The instructions just aren't very clear and it takes some trial and error.
Appreciate 0