Thread: Meth injection
View Single Post
      10-22-2014, 02:01 AM   #20
93Siro
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

I was thinking about running the line into the cabin and running along the door sill and going to the engine bay from behind the dash. I don't know if the later is a possibility though. Under the car sounds good. Need to check if i can find a route that protects the meth line from hitting to the ground.

As for the intake, i don't know. The DCI suck just the hot air around the engine and i strongly believe a FMIC can't cool it down enough. Meth surely helps cooling things down but i'm not planning to run meth all the time, atleast not aggressively. I might modify the stock ram air and come up with bigger inlets to increase the flow if the CAI doesn't give the turbos enough air. But that's for after building the DCT and running larger turbos.

BTW the oil cooler i got doesn't fit in the OEM position. I changed the plan and used it as a secondary oil cooler and placed it above the FMIC. Made a bracket and bolted it to the radiator frame. So no it's not a direct fit. It was a hard task though, had to run the lines both from drivers side because with hoses attached to the above and facing passenger side oil filter housing the hood wouldn't close.
Appreciate 0