teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
here's my thought...

they sack the full M version because of the economy, but they know people are gonna want the latest and greatest, so they remap the engine (which is the same as the 35i and for $600 i can make just as powerful), make the sport shocks standard, change the steering wheel (BTW i love my shiny steering wheel), switch the front and rear spoiler, throw diff wheels and charge more for the same thing...

"There's a sucker born every minute" -P.T. Barnum
Totally agree. The entire package is a win-win for BMW.

BMWs hp & tq figures are underrated regardless, and it's $0 cost for BMW to flash the ecu at the factory with any code they choose. They've got to put bumpers, wheels, upholstery, etc., on the car anyway and nothing they are installing on the "s" as an upgrade is any more expensive than the normal materials they use for the 35i. And they brag about the 10 mm drop, but the 35i Adaptive M Suspension does that already.

So they have combined some already standard options with some no cost visual changes and likely will charge another $10k US for it. Like I said, it looks like BMW is using the US auto manufactures playbook from the 60's and 70's. They need to get all the marketing guys and lock 'em away.
Appreciate 0