View Single Post
      10-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

I finally got my new VMR V710 Wheels for the Z.
I went with Hyper Silver.
I stayed with 18" wheels, which I have now, for a number of reasons:
1. As my RFT Bridgestones only had 2200 miles on them (and what the budget allowed) I decided to re-use my tires to ware them out. As well, I was able to reuse my perfect condition TPMS and BMW Center Caps.
2. For comfort levels I wanted to stay with 18's.
3. My next mod will be an H and R spring drop which will lower my NON sport suspension by 1.2 inches in both the F and R.

Wanting to make sure that I had a quality company un-mount and re-mount and balnace the tires/wheels, I asked VMR for a mounting recommendation. They told me to find a company that owns a Hunter Road Force GSP9700 machine. This is a NO Touch the RIM ( lack of a better description) for un- mounting and re-mounting tires on performance (or any) rims.

Lucky for me, there was a local guy who only works on Bimmers, MB , Porsche etc cars that had this machine. I hate to let any one work on the car, BUT was forced to for this. They did a great job BUT as always they did scratch the lug holes on 2 wheels. I already bought the touch up paint. Whatta ya gonna do.

To get the best fit W/O spacers, which I did not want, but wanting to get the wheels to fit as close as possible to being flush to the fender, VMR recommeded the following F and R sizes:
Front
18 x 8.5
35 Offset
5 x120 bolt pattern
72.6 Hub OEM fit

Rear
18 x 9.5
33 Offset
5 x120 bolt pattern
72.6 Hub OEM fit

I love the new look.
Can't wait for the $$ to be saved for my drop.
Attached Images
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0