View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #246
Tritholan
China
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4sDrive30i

introduction, tips, suggestions and thoughts

hi guys,

have been following this forum for over a week and with my first post, i wish to introduce my self and at the same time get some advise.

I am Sam and I am from India but live in China now (10+years). Have driven only Japanese cars all my life and finally have decided to get rid of all my stuff and settle for a nice BMW Z4. As mentioned by Asbjorn in the post earlier, prices for BMW here in China are crazy, with the 2012 sDrive20i vantage costing well over 100K US$. The price tag for a new Z4 has always been a deterrent but my love for the car always keeps pushing me to go and pull the trigger. Last week a second hand Z4, listed on the Certified BMW Pre Owned - BMW Premium Selection caught my eye. I would be flying to Shanghai next week for a test drive and if all goes well, I would be driving back my new toy from Shanghai to Shenzhen (around 1050 miles).

With the introductions in place I wish to have thoughts and advise (what to look out for) of the forum members.

BMW Z4 sDrive30i - Luxury

Black Sapphire metallic
Exclusive leather Nappa Ivory White

First registration - March 2010
Production date - not known
Mileage - 20,500 Miles
Service and repair history - will check at dealer next week. He confirmed on phone that there are no accidents or major repairs.

Original on road price (03/2010) - 116K + 10K = 126K (dealer price + tax)
Current offer (09/2012) - 65K

So, what do you all think about the deal.... any and all comments are welcome.

Most importantly, what would you want me to look out for during the test drive next week. Thanks to everyone.

Cheers!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0