View Single Post
      05-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #87
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3314 View Post
Never bail as in send it off to another dealer?

That would be a good idea to go through the middle man, but I've read a lot of articles and forums about people saying just go straight to the source, the manager. But you make a very good point. The only way for them to hear our my OTD offer is to hear it from the client advisor.
Yeah, they would much rather add the unit to the month's sales. If they send it to auction, or another dealer, they lose that option.

I have stated before to get all the info from the salesperson, buy from the manager.
Essentially, you would still be doing that, but letting a salesperson present an offer for you could give yourself an insider advocate because he wants a commission, and may be able to sway his manager.

Frankly however, putting aside that it's a 2013 IS, and the price is not all that out of whack (barring anything about it's paint flaws) it seems weird that they wouldn't AT LEAST want to hear a serious offer for the car.

As I was negotiating for my IS, the General Sales manager came right out and told me that I was the only person that he considered seriously interested because all other offers were of the ridiculous low ball, no chance they'll sell it for that price, type.
If that car has been sitting as long as you say, they MUST be getting hammered by morons thinking they will give it away…that's why it seems weird that they wouldn't be able to identity you as a real buyer.
Very strange.
Appreciate 0