09-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #56
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Vintage,
Sorry to hear that but I am not surprised. I agree with dealing with BMWNA directly. We had an 05 Cooper-S that by 5k miles had been towed to the dealer 5x's. Wife loved the car so we stuck with it until the 5th tow. At that time I contacted the dealer (also a BMW dealer) and told them I wanted to start a Lemon Law case on our car. They pulled the records and said it was not eligible due to the law states it have to be in three times for the same problem and no resolution. Short story was each time it was in it was for the same problem however the service writer wrote it up as a different issue each time. Shame on us for not confirming the paperwork. I immediately posted our entire ordeal on a Mini forum and within 2 days I had a registered letter from MiniUSA outlining how they were going to buy back the car and build us a new one. Moral of my story is to never trust the dealer. As a lawyer you obviously have your bases better covered than most consumers and a letter written on lawfirm stationary goes along way to waking people up.

Don't think for one minute that Porsche is any different regarding aftermarket parts. If they have factory go-fast goodies they will likely only honor a warranty if they install them. Toyota does the same crap. You can buy a Toyota supercharger through the dealer parts department. If they don't install it your warranty is void.

I have played the mod game for more than 20 years. I came to the conclusion that if you play you pay.

Best of luck. I hope you win the battle.
Appreciate 0