Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
It is this very forum that allows hundreds of Z4 owners to communicate and share/compare the experiences we have with the dealers.

The dealer is ignorant if they think that in this day and age they can deny warranty work in a situation where we ALL know another dealer honored it, because the info is posted on THIS forum.

Do they really think us Z4 owners don't all talk to each other?

In the past I've had to remind dealerships of the magic of the Internet,and what an advantage it is for us car owners.
The days of dealers making up their own answers and assuming the car owner won't know any better, are long over. The dealers sometimes need to be reminded of that.
Blue I agree 100%. However the main problem with dealers is they are independantly owned and have the right to refuse service as they see fit. Voiding a warranty is a whole different issue. Why a dealer would automatically refuse to diagnose without even seeing the car is a mystery to me. Not wanting to deal with non-factory parts is likely the culprit. With factory parts if they happen to damage a part during repair it is very easy for them to replace. Aftermarket parts they are at the mercy of the part manufacturer and could lose a substantial amount of money should a part be damaged.
Appreciate 0