Thread: Exhaust options
View Single Post
      08-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #12
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

I gave up sorting out a new, pre-made exhaust. My best bet was Supersprint from Turner, on sale for $2,100 but made in Italy to order and expected end of September (and if you've ever done business with Italian companies ... don't hold your breath on the delivery date).

So my car goes in for a full custom exhaust, scheduled end of August. It's a local company that has equipment to measure, design, and mandrel bend the system. We will cut the catless DP's and resize the outlet since the factory design constricts to the flange - instead we'll be full 2 1/2". They will do heavy metal, large high flow catalysts, but in the mid-pipes, and we'll bung them so we can still install factory DP post-cat 02 sensors. Mufflers and such are TBD. They will do an X pipe behind the cats. I'm expecting the cost of the system to come in under the Supersprint, installed, and with catalysts. Their work is excellent by all accounts - nice details like, they flair pipes, so they can sleeve and weld (versus butt weld).

I've attached two photos of their work - on a E39 540i and E28 M5.

Filippo
Attached Images

Last edited by fmorelli; 08-09-2016 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0