01-03-2016, 05:01 AM   #45
sjeupie
Private
Rep
Drives: Tiefseeblau E89 Sdrive 23i wit

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.D.335xi View Post
I firmly hit it in the middle.

Hopefully, the design of the storage compartment didn't change between our model years and you will have success too.

The ski pass through kit is essentially a long nylon bag with a plastic frame that fits to the same "hole" in the bulkhead as the stoarage compartment. As a result, if it was installed there would be nothing solid to push against to remove from the passenger compartment (like the storage unit, the ski pass through is installed from the trunk side). That doesn't mean that there isn't some way to push it through into the trunk from the passenger compartment. However, without actually seeing it installed I don't know how straight forward a process it would be.

The lack of an external key mechanism somewhere on the trunk of the Z4 is a design flaw in my opinion. My 2009 335 coupe had comfort access (as does my Z4) and it still had a lock on the trunk that I could open with the key if necessary.
Ok thnx. Did not see any nylon bag lying around so that answers that question. I was going to use my Landy for hauling my ski's around anyway

Did you try to juice the car with starter cables or you went straight for the storage compartment method? I'm asking cause I wonder if, having disconnected the +, starter cables are out of the question anyway as the OP didn't manage (with a charger though).

I'll be back at the car in 4 months time or so with some starter cables and 'blunt weapons' and will report back here. Let's hope for the best. Because, although she's sexy to look at (especially in the deep blue see colour, I assume you can relate to that ) I prefer driving her around as well!
Appreciate 0