View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
san4ever
Sweden
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
Im not sure if JB4 runs higher boost than ESS stg2, but it is certainly "interesting" to hear about at DCT being replaced not because it slips but because of this rattling noise. Due to your experience I switched back to to ESS stg1 yesterday, just in case I still want to keep the car past 100.000kms (more or less 35is power figures and still a ton of fun to drive).
Well,
yesterday I tested ESS stage 2 but can honestly say I did not notice any major difference in power. I did notice a very unpleasant jerkyness between gears 1 and 2, maybe due to the increased torque. For now I am going with stage 1 and the cars runs very smooth and powerful.

I guess stage 2 needs other modifications as well such as larger FMIC and/or catless down pipes.

For no I am running with ESS stage 1 and I am very pleased with the power and softness in gear changes. The following weekend I will mount my Stett Intercooler with Dual diverter valves and will then test stage 2 to see if there is any difference in power.

http://www.hellhopp.se/
Appreciate 0