View Single Post
      07-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #124
beardycub86
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 20i M Sport

Hi again. Some more issues coming up.

I got the ProTool app and Bluetooth adapter and coded the DRLs brightnesses up and eliminated the flickering, so that's all sorted. All the lights/bulbs work nicely now.

However I've discovered a new issue and that is that the automatic lights control doesn't work anymore. It did work on the pre-lci headlights I had installed but it isn't working on the new LCI headlight units that I retro-fitted.

I've checked the coding and this is enabled in ProTool to make the lights turn on when it's dark, but the lights don't come on in the dark when set to automatic mode.

Does anyone know of any other settings that might be affecting this? I'm getting no error messages or codes at all when I scan the car.

There is an option in ProTool for a Rain Light Sensor (RLS) unit but when I tap that it says there's no RLS module installed in the car. Is that right? I would imagine a car that has the auto-wipers and auto-lights functions would have an RLS to control that? Has the RLS unit failed? Also where is that if so?
Appreciate 0