Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA333 View Post
The injectors have pretty much been ruled out. The problems started shortly after delivery has been serviced 8 or 9 times already and I don't even have 10k miles on her. The service department seems to agree that it's an electronics issue but since it's intermittent and hasn't been throwing any codes lately there is not they can do.

Just an update, after I submitted my original post all four windows kept opening and wouldn't stay closed (and yes it was raining). It took a restart to get this issue solved for now.
There's something YOU can do, and that is lawyer up and check on your state's lemon laws. (or at least contact BMWNA and politely mention your intent to lawyer up as well as the issues you have been facing with your 1 year old car)
Nick is right. So much trouble right out of the box smells like a lemon. Check out what the FLA lemon laws says. NY lemon law says if your car is less than 18 months old and has been serviced 4 times or 30 days in the shop for the same problem, you qualify under the law.
However BMW will not let you lemon the car. They will offer a buy back and put you in a new car. Talk to your sales manager or if he's not receptive call BMWNA.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.

Last edited by jparnes1; 07-03-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0