View Single Post
      07-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #75
Lucid Moment
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 turbo, E85 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
90% of medical school and dental school ends up being useless for the most part.

And 98% of college is worthless to actual job.

Even 50% of residency ends up being useless.

90% of most health related jobs is about proper communication skills and towing the party line without getting out of line....you can train a monkey to do most of our jobs in all reality.

Private practice as we know it will be dead soon.

ACO's and socialized health care is in the works.

In the future, health care providers(more so medical doctors and to less degree dentists) will have to be a part of a huge health system ala Kaiser in order to get any pt's.

BTW, I would like my kids to be an orthodontist...what a racket...the techs do all the work and the orthodontist walks around supervising and doing very little work themselves while they have 10 kids in chairs all at once...no different than assembly lines making cars.
I agree that some stuff learned during the curriculum maybe not as useful, although I disagree that is 90 percent. I also disagree with the fact that a monkey can provide comprehensive treatment. Socialized healthcare is in the works, but dentistry will not be as affected, dentistry for most is a luxury.
Appreciate 0