View Single Post
      05-23-2023, 02:50 AM   #6
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Maybe consider cheaper coilover kits. KW v1 or maybe ST suspension that is made by KW that has ride height adjustment. Dont go with cheap ebay kits...
Stock non adaptive suspension ride height is 10mm higher i think and that does not look good in my opinion with its wheel gap. This means it probably used different springs too. So to completely convert to stock suspension you would probably have to change springs aswell. You could use adaptive suspension springs and stock shocks but they arent designed to work together and i dont know how it would affect the ride and handling. Probably not make it better. Stiffer spring with a soft shock to dampen it.

Also if you just replace adaptive shocks on one axle you dont have to mess with the other axle. When you delete adaptive suspension you have to change all 4 shocks.

You dont need EDC delete modules that fool the computer into thinking that adaptive shocks are still there. You can just code adaptive suspension option to off in few modules and unplug a harness plug in the ecu box and its done.
Saves you 300+ dollars. I did it with a OBD to usb cable i got from ebay and used INPA and EDIABAS software that you can just download online,

I went with KW V3 when my front struts started leaking and decided that this is the point where i have an opportunity to upgrade my suspension.
I paid for KW V3 1800eur that was basically the same as two new oem adaptive struts cost. So my idea was im getting all 4 corners replaced+new springs and a considerable upgrade on top for the same price two replacement shocks cost... Now i got the cheaper kit that was without EDC delete modules and I happened to stumble on a spring sale where KW suspension kits were discounted. I think full price with edc delete was 2300 eur back then. This was years ago. Now of course V3 kits price has risen considerably due to recent inflation surge. Its now eyewatering 3400 dollars to buy new. Which is actually almost double the price i got mine for.

And lastly dont downgrade the suspension. Stock non adaptive i alot softer and comfort oriented than M adaptive suspension. You will probably not like it if you already got used to M adaptive.. its softer than the comfort mode on adaptive suspension. Look around on the aftermarket maybe youll find something for 1200 dollars or something like that. You dont have to get the absolute maxed out highest kit available. Find something in the medium price range. Its probably still an upgrade from adaptive.

Last edited by KennyP; 05-23-2023 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0