View Single Post
      08-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #9
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
I'm sure it would be (more or less, depending on how these warranties vary), but here's another way to look at it. You're looking at the same situation we were last year, buying a low mileage non-CPO 2013 with factory warranty left on the clock and (presumably) a clean CarFax from a non-BMW dealer. From what I've seen here, by 2013 most of the bugs had been worked out of the Z4. I'm watching mine like a hawk for anything that might be defective as the warranty clock winds down. Two weeks ago I took it in to have the top checked out as the mechanism had developed some creaking noises in the trunk when the top was up. Tomorrow it goes in to have the have the latch mechanism in the center console replaced as the console cover door creaks and moves when you rest your arm on it. These are small things, but my plan is to have the car in as perfect shape as I can when the factory warranty runs out. The only other issue that's come up on the past 10k miles is one of the brake pad sensors went bad which triggered a dash light. So rather than invest in an expensive extended warranty, I'm just being really anal about having BMW repair or replace anything and everything I find marginal about the car during it's first four years. Full disclosure: I have never purchased an extended warranty for anything and don't intend to start now!
I purchased an extended warranty for my first BMW, a 3 series vert. I never used it.
I'm a month from the BMW free maintenance expiry, and I cannot find anything to complain about...I am looking intently...but it's been great.
I have the CPO until 100k but what exactly does that do for me? I don't really even know.
Appreciate 0