01-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
snk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
I've done autox in the past and its not my thing. I prefer track days a lot more.

You know, I actually looked at the helmet reference planes they referred to in the CCR and I don't meet the criteria. I can't sit low enough in the car to have 2" of clearance on the plane formed by the top of windshield and the roll hoops. And the plane formed by top of suspension to roll hoops grazes the top of my forehead.

I think they are right on, and it isn't safe for me to track this thing. Just because the other clubs allow me to take the risk doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do.

The last time I went to a driving school I found a lot of flaws with the car (steering feel, tires, cooling, understeer bias, insufficient power) and I would need to spend $ to fix those and get a cage to make the car more suitable.

I've decide to hold off on spending on this car and will just get a Porsche or z06 next time.

Z is a fine car but the more I spend time with it the more it sinks in this was built for a cruise/street customer and not a track junkie.

How tall are you?
I'm 6"2 and still have enough clearance with helmet on.
I do agree with your assessment that the Z is more of a cruisin in style, but that changed after installation of KW V3 and Michelin PSS. Granted driving on city streets is being sacrificed
Appreciate 0