View Single Post
      04-11-2022, 09:44 PM   #48
nplenzick
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes 300c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvasania View Post
I own a Z4 35is with DCT, use the pedal shifters very often and drive it just like i would drive a manual transmission. In traffic, it does the shifting for me and in crazy mode it shifts way quicker than any Manual or Auto transmission vehicle. Why would the enthusiast in me not want to stick with the DCT?

I also own a BMW S1000XR manual with a quick shifter that i use in crazy mode, because it simply works quicker and adds to more thrill than having to change gears with manually engaging / disengaging the clutch. Fail to understand how this would make me less of an enthusiast when i use both vehicles similarly in crazy mode
Currently have a 35i with DCT and waiting for my 35is to arrive that will have DCT. I just love love love the DCT. Can't find any faults in it. Love charging a corner, braking very late while downshifting. Just can't beat the performance and fun factor. Don't get me wrong, manuals are fun as I've driven every manual you can think of, from Hewland race trans, to Porsche, to Dump Trucks, etc. No one was better with heel and toe then me. However the DCT in this 35i and my brothers Porsche are a pure joy to drive and I doubt that I'll ever own a manual again.
Appreciate 0