teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
My 2 cents:

If you like your car, buy a nice set of 18" wheels, forged or alloy, and a good set of non-RFTs.

If you are tired of the car or have lost faith in BMW, good luck because you likely take a bath if you try to sell or trade it.

I feel bad for you but such is life. Good luck.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Based upon those results I will at that time either take further steps or drop the matter all together. If indeed the findings are that the crack was a result of hitting something I only will have a few choices;-

A) Keep the car and purchase forged wheels with a good wheel / tire insurance.

B) Trade the car in and leave the BMW behind after 20 years driving them, find something more reliable that will indeed give JOY

C) Last but not least fabricate a nice round glass table using the wheel as main support and a good conversation piece.
Rolf, your cross-country journal indicates that you had a hell of a good time in your Z4. The last chapter is a disappointment, but somehow I think regardless of how it turns out for you and the wheels, you can enjoy your Z for many more years to come.

I totally agree with rmorin - get yourself some 18" forged wheels, some nice Michelin Pilot Sport tires and put it behind you.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0