Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddapah View Post
Battery costs $282.81 and $120 to install and register the battery.
With BMW CCA discount, battery costs around $255. I read about other batteries that can be used instead of OEM. But I am not comfortable going that route.
The battery registration fixes all issues with non OEM batteries as well. I have been running on a battery bought at AutoZone for two years now with no problem. Just had to pay 75USD to get it registered. Now that Carley is out i would have done that instead but there is no need to buy a battery from the dealer if you register it.
It's amazing they charge $75 for what is literally a 2 minute job. In app purchase with Carly is $5. I think people need to be aware that registering your new battery implies that the new battery has the same specs as the old one. If not, then deeper coding needs to be done (not capable with Carly) to tell the ECU what you have. You'll need NCSExpert, INPA .....whatever.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0