07-31-2022, 03:02 PM   #6
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
You need to learn how to use Google. 677 Hi-Fi System Professional is the bottom of the line stereo. I have the same one and it also sounds pretty pathetic.
file:///C:/Users/Ron%20Paris/Downloads/677%20Hi%20-Fi%20System%20Professional-2.pdf
You are wrong... 677 Hifi System Professional is the highest sound option with surround and 7 post equalizer. it has 14 speakers and total output of 650 watts.

You are maybe confusing it with hifi system (non professional) that has 11 speakers and total output of 245watts.

I have 677 option aswell on that vin decoder and i have higher end surround sound in my car.
Just like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXkAOxq6kKE

I must say this system varies greatly... Sometimes it sounds amazing. other times not so much. Its not amazing at electronic music IMO but put something on with live instruments (rock, indie etc) and it sounds amazing...
Also dont crank bass and treble up too much.. +3 for me seems ok. Also play around with equalizer... i raised lower 2 frequencies and and higher frequencies a bit leaving mids at 0 or so.
Also some songs sound great with surround option enabled but some again do not... I have programmed one of the programmable buttons on the dash to toggle surround on and off so i can change it with a single push of the button. Better than going into menus and doing it there. Though you can program sound options menu to one of the buttons aswell to access it quicker. Also program different inputs there to change between them quicker.

It seems people are kind of divided on this sound system.. Some think its amazing and also some think its kindof crap. Sound tastes are different. Depends on what you listen, what kind of sound you like and how you set it up. One thing for sure its not a system you just turn on and listen. Its settings need to be tinkered with. I find myself doing it all the time, Using surround for one song and not for the other. For some songs i add bass for some i turn bass down etc.

Last edited by KennyP; 07-31-2022 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0