Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 Z4 s35i & '03 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2003 Z4 3.0i  [5.00]
2001 Z3 3.0i  [0.00]
2009 Z4 s35i  [7.00]
Service station suppliers will sometimes share product from for example Shell, with Petrocanada if the Petro Canada tanks run out. It's all the same base product, the additives are mixed in when the truck loads. All these discount stations get their gasoline from the same big producers but use different additives. All our main refineries are in Edmonton, we have tank farms in Calgary.
The ethanol blends would be a bit different.

As for seals in HPFP's, those of us that work in the petrochemical biz know that anything manufactured for use in our plants can come many different ways, configured for whatever product it needs to work in. It could be sour liquid, it could be sulphur or any number of things. An HPFP is no different, the damned things probably use some part mfg'd in some 3rd world country with little or no QC at the factory. A bad production run of one part can basically wreck an entire product line for years to come if not caught. That is why we have recalls.......and that is what BMW needs to do. Much like Ford , it is easier to wait and fix it when it's broke instead of recalling all the 35 series HPFP's, unfortunately we may need to have deaths attributable to it before anything else is done.
Appreciate 0