Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Check your Trunk for dampness/water

Hello All,

Just like to share with you what I read in a German Z4 Forum. I will give you the link below. Here is the post in English I've made no corrections only translated it from German to English, You can do the same using the Google Translator (just copy and paste the text into the google translator).

~~~~~~~~~~ Translated German Text ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello. My Z4 has a huge lake in the trunk. In the well at the battery. Before 14 Days was the vehicle to the dealer, they have determined that a seal (positive pressure ventilation slot, Sorry am not a Mech) is defective and fairway runs through the Pnues in the vehicle. It had to be replaced due to oxidation plug. See photos. After two weeks, it's that time again: the water! All wet, the rubber around the battery is a sponge made​​! The dealer had the following question: is he out there, straight or crooked? I told him that it does not really matter whether an outside or inside the vehicle CHF 100,000 .- is because it is not really "ines oak" (Switzerland) "reinpissen"(German) must. Do you have an idea of where the water can get, because BMW has not!

~~~~~~~~~~~ End of Translation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the link ....

Click here to go to the link and photo of damage

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0