View Single Post
      06-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

M sports suspension - is it worth it?

I had a chance to test drive the new Z4 the other day, and I was mainly interested in how the adaptive M sports suspension feels and particularly what the difference is between the Normal and Sport+ modes.

So I figured a cobblestone street would give some kind of indication how much tighter the suspension gets in Sport+ mode. (I realize this is not what it was designed for, but we got lots of those streets here and they're a pain in my E86.) I kept switching back and forth between Normal and Sport+, but I couldn't feel any difference whatsoever. I know my cobblestone test may not translate that well to for example cornering.

Granted, I'm not the guy you'd want to set up your racing car. It took me 2 weeks to notice any difference in throttle sensitivity when playing with the Sport button in E86.

So I'm interested in hearing other peoples experiences of the issue. Also, how can you tell if a car has the M sports suspension? The ride height is lowered by 10 mm, but is that dependent of the selected mode (Normal, Sport, Sport+)?
Appreciate 0