View Single Post
      04-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
SKILVR
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0

Windscreen Choices Help

Advice from those with experience please.

I have owned two 3 series convertibles, on each I purchased the BMW mesh folding windscreen, which was quite effective (necessary) for reducing wind and noise at highway speeds with the top down. It covered the rear seats of course, and since I didn't use the rear seats much, I bought a more fun 2011 Z4. I want to get a windscreen to protect airflow in cool climate in NW, and hope someone out there can provide me with their experience:

An exhaustive web search has found ten options. I prefer acrylic over mesh as a 'permanent' installation. My favorites are below: Has anyone had one of these? Or if you have a different one, what do you like and dislike about yours?

My favorites:

UR-WINDSCHOTT: 3 pieces of acrylic: main section and inside each roll bar providing full coverage; Looks like factory, expensive: $541 w/ship to US

JustRoadster.com: One piece of acrylic attaching in front of the rollbars with full coverage; straps are clear, looks like an add on? $187 w/ship to US

RoadsterSolutions.com (same unit as Bavarian Autosport): For E89 one piece between rollbars only (E 86 model had 3 pieces like UR-Windschott, now they make only one, they say because the solid seatbacks do not need the rollbar sections. Looks like factory. $245 w/shipping

Advice?
Cost less important than choosing one I'll be proud of for long term
Additional coverage make ride more enjoyable? or not necessary?
With the roof up most of the time, is the JustRoadster limiting air flow in the cabin?

Thanks,
Jim