View Single Post
      11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #49
night199uk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: frari

Okay, had to get my ICOM replaced after almost a week of wrestling with it. Just got the new one from Shenzhen today and was able to pull everything up in NCS Expert. Will test ISTA/D & ISTA/P tomorrow :-)

I think ISTA/D & ISTA/P won't let you do certain things that NCS Expert would do, but I'm not sure yet. You might be tied to fixed paths (like certain retrofit options that are valid for your MY) in ISTA/P, so if you want to retrofit something not for your MY you would need NCS. I haven't tried ISTA myself with a real ICOM yet, so I won't know until the weekend or so.

I think I'm good to go ahead and order the Bluetooth kit now. Did you receive yours yet? I'm tempted to wait until you get yours now so I can see whats in it to make sure I get the right parts, rather than going back/forth.

Still didn't find a PSU in HK. Was able to find some 12V 40A PSUs in Ap Liu Street which people reported they had some success with, but it would be a real hack job... depends how much we need to power. I think I want to wait until I can order/buy a proper one. Good thing though is that later I'd be able to totally reprogram the car and upgrade it with the latest software for better fuel economy, etc. Not speaking Chinese is a battle here though for me, wish I could describe what I want to them in Ap Liu Street, I'm sure someone will have something similar :-)
Appreciate 0