05-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #60
SchweiZ4
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
Higher voltage and higher watts doesn't necessarily mean brighter, it just means it uses more "electricity/power". This is a common misconception and a technique many suppliers use to trick consumers into thinking their bulbs are brighter than they actually are. It is the amount of lumens it produces that dictates how bright it is, and this is not necessarily correlated to wattage/voltage. That is to say, a 5W bulb can create 350 lumens, and a 10W bulb only 150 lumens. So while the 10W bulb has double the wattage, it is actually very dim compared to the 5W with significantly higher lumens. Just throwing it out there for potential bulb buyers, don't be fooled by the wattage, look for the lumens. So while the bulbs you linked may be bright, I wouldn't base it on the V or W alone, I'd have to see a lumens rating before buying any bulbs.
I agree, but unfortunately they rarely indicate brightness in lumens It would have been too easy ..
Based on light descriptions we can find on websites, we can only trust voltage and reviews of our great community to judge it

I have found a new version on ebay that claims to be 32W (4x8W LED):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H8-32W-E60-E...664d8c&vxp=mtr

Did anyone buy those and can tell us more about its brightness?
Appreciate 0