View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z428i

Low Nav Voice

Hello. I have a 2012 Z428i with factiry NAV. I have addressed this issue in the past here on the forum. I have been back to my BMW dealer twice with my complaint of low voice volume from the "NAV Lady". Last week I tried once again to use voice NAV control. I clicked on the button on the steering wheel and said Navigation. The screen opened. I said destination and the NAV lady spoke with instructions but I could hardly hear her. My motor was running, but the radio was off. Th is the same problem I experienced last summer when trying to hear the nav voice giving directions. Several on the forum said to turn up the volume when nav lady speaks. How do I know when she is going to speak? Also if the radio is on, the radio volume goes up but not the nav voice.

Yesterday I Googled this problem and many threads came up on various BMW forums. The most suggested fix was to leave the radio off and to adjust the volume of the NAV lady as she is speaking. The level will stay where you put it and be programmed into your key FOB.

Can anybody confirm that this works? Any other suggestions. Thank you.
Appreciate 0