First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer
Just ordered a set of these 3rd Gen RFTs Potenza RE60AS tires, 225/45/17. It will take a few days for Discount Tire to get them. $859 installed, balanced and tax out the door. Looking forward to the improved ride

On my last Z4 (2003) I ditched the RFT's and went with Micheline Pilots. Great improvment in ride. I did carry a spare which consumed the trunk because I don't want to be anywhere I will get stuck ( I carry spare parts in my Land Cruiser, even a CV axle)

I read tons of reviews and the fact that I do get the benefit of the RFT, along with the ride of a non RFT in an All Season tire is what appeals to me. I'll post up my observations. I need to be able to drive in the winter when it's cold, and when there is light snow. Any significant snow fall and I will drive the Land Cruiser. The 35" inch TOYO MT's handle deep snow extremely well
How have these been for you over the past few months? I'm going to have to change out my oems due to cold weather this year (snuck through with a warm winter last year). Deciding on rft vs non rft.
Appreciate 0