View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #44
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Hi Maniac! been following your threads on this noise, I had it on my car, in fact I had a number of rattles and squeaks, I think a lot has to do with the types of plastics fitted nowadays. I diagnosed the roll hoops especially with the wind deflector fitted making a noise. Rightly or wrongly I felt there was a lot of body flex especially with our potholed roads in the UK. Being so close to everything in the rear made for lots of noise which was leading me to believe I would never get to the bottom of all the noises......I got under the car and lubricated every rubber bush etc!! I lubricated all seals in fact the car was a driving oil can, which would work for a while, but the rear windows on both sides always flexed against the roof!!!! One noise was the passenger seat belt not being right into the top holder when I was on my own, anywhere down the belt was noise!!!
Like you cannot stand the wrong noise!!!!
Mute point but before I sold my car I had a knocking noise coming from the rear end of my car, which manifested itself a lot more with two up!!! However in my case it happened when going round bends left then right knock knock, it only happened when the car was fully warmed up. On longer journeys one up it would eventually start to happen, I had it into BMW, firstly they did not believe me till we went on an extended drive...........cut a long story short it sounded like the half shaft into the diff had to much lateral movement.
Appreciate 0