View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #26
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
I like simple interiors. I drove and sat in the new Camaro at the international auto show and it is shit. It handled well and the V8 in the SS was a hoot. But that interior and seating placement is shit. All of my buddies who attended thought the same.
You mean how you sit around halfway between the wheels? I had a gen 5 SS and I've had a few german cars now. I'm not sure anything is better with the german cars interior-wise, in fact, I think several things were better with the camaro. I like the digital speed display better (in addition to the classic looking conventional that it still had). Heated seats work about the same, but seats were overall better in the SS, I'm not sure why people have a hard-on for BMW sport seats, they are better than the standard ones, but nothing to write home about. Door release works exactly the same. Frameless windows work exactly the same. Rear visibility exactly the same as my 4 4GC. Steering feel much better, not even on the same planet. Short throw shifter feels great, admittedly some people couldn't get around the skip-shift, but if you want to it's easy, rev it higher, otherwise with so much torque I rarely ever shifted 1-2-3-4-5-6, just no reason to, thing loved to purr along at 1000rpm. Admittedly, there are people that don't like riding low in sports cars, they want to ride upright like in econo-boxes or the BMW 3-series sedans they are used to. This definitely isn't a car for those people, they should stick to sedans and upright minivans. So it usually boils down to "it's got plastic!", which is a huge problem when that person finally realizes the car they daily drive also has plastic, but until then, they are happy to be in denial. It's not going to be outfitted like a luxury 5 series obviously, nor how bat-crazy porsche interior options get, but you don't get the car to get pampered, you get it to drive.