View Single Post
      04-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
JJ_Wonderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal12 View Post
EVO magazine states some intesting remarks.
Apart from usual whining about it being heavy they give BMW shit about:

unpleasant understeer (in tight corners; they say when accelerating out of a corner the rear grips so well he front end goes)

the engine being mounted too far at the front!!(Audi-ish style)

Huh...
I read this review too. What I found interesting is that they said the car drove better with a manual box, whereas other reviews have said that the DCT box is awesome and is a must with the sDrive35i. Evo magazine gives it 3.5 out of 5 whereas most other magazines give it 4 out of 5 (or higher in some cases).

Conclusion: It's just their opinion. To be honest, I'm not surprised. Evo is a magazine for car-mad racers. People who either track their car, visit the Nurburgring at least once a year, or take their cars down a country lane for a rag about. Basically, it's for people who drive just for the sake of driving. The Evo journo reviewing the car no doubt wanted a better version of the existing Z4, hoping that it was something closer to or better than the Boxster, but go something completely different (or different enough for them to be disappointed).

Talking of the Nurburgring, I wonder what the fastest time is with the new Z4? Also, I can't wait for the Stig to take it around the Top Gear test track. That should be interesting. We all know Clarkson will hate it...
Appreciate 0