Thread: New Z4's
View Single Post
      07-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #36
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Buying a Z4 is a lifestyle decision; well it was for me anyway. It has an intimate 2-seater cabin, has luxury, safety, massive straight line potential, ability to transform into a convertible and has reasonably good handling. It also looks absolutely sensational - better than anything I have seen in this category for a while.

What it doesnt have: incredible handling straight out of the box. But honestly I don't think it needs to because it makes up for it in so many other areas. The majortiy of people that buy this car arent going to expect to be able to or want to track it seriously let's face it.

It also doesnt have a particularly low mass, but what do you expect from a car with this many features?

However I have a feeling that the Z4 has great potential; it has already 50:50 weight distribution, low centre of gravity...things that you can't easily achieve. With a few simple, basic modifications (springs, roll bars & sticky tires) you will be able to get a very respectably handling vehicle out of the Z4. Add to that a JB3 and you will have everything you could reasonably want out of a car in this price bracket.
Appreciate 0