07-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #33
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Wow..I was trying to talk myself into one and all the reviews say it doesn't handle as well as the competition
Sure it got 2nd but a .83 on a skidpad is by no means GOOD..
And it runs the same 0-60 /1/4 times as the 335i.

Did you say its .3-.5 seconds faster to 60 then the 335i HAHA.. Get over yourself dude. Not even close. The 335i best 0-60 is a 4.8 so the z4 does a 4.3? faster then the M3, WOW!!!

So yes, it handles worse or maybe just as good as the 335i..Stop with the crap about, its how it drives and feels blah blah blah. The 335i drives and feels amazing. If the z4 doesn't handle any better why would I want to lose 2 doors and 2 seats and half my trunk?? Not worth it. Sounds like you guys are still talking yourself into your Z4 . Its a beautiful car just not worth the money. That is all.
Wow, I thought that you weren't even interested in the Z4 but just curious, as you've stated in your 1st post. No need to bag on a fellow BMW brother.

Anyway, the engine's the same, so the performance #s for either 335i/Z4 35i are almost negligible. Hell, if you wanted to maximize 'pure' performance w/ that engine, the 135i coupe would arguably be the best choice.

So, given that the performance are pretty much the same, I would say that looks/practicality are the only major factors. Practicality I can't comment on: you either need to seat more than 2 or not. Looks are subjective, but imho the 335i cabriolet looks less-than-pretty to put it in a tactful manner. Aren't there ruts on the hardtop for the folding mechanism? That's just unacceptable. Also, the profile is all wrong and just seems too big. The coupe looks much nicer but I still prefer the Z4: looks nice either top up/down.

When you make up your mind whether you are just poking around or kinda really maybe thinking about a move from the 3 to the Z, you should really drive them to make up your mind. I know I did and the 335i unfortunately didn't impress me one bit and felt more dull (and for my first straight comparison, I drove a Z4 30i); the gap was obviously larger when I then compared the 3 to the 35i and 35is.

Again, you really need to drive these cars back-to-back and see what kind of driver you are and what is more suitable. Maybe you are still better-suited for the 3, but c'mon, don't be dissing your (prettier) Z brother lol.

Peace.
Appreciate 0