08-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qspring View Post
Interested to know why Infiniti and Acura fly under the radar? I have an FX 35 that I'm considering using, but I'm hesitant as it's still a luxury brand. Also, would have to buy the wife another car since she is currently driving it.
I said "low" not under. Maybe it is just me but I don't think many put Infiniti, Acura or Cadillac brand at the same level as BMW and MB when it comes to "Prestige", and their isn't any logical reason to it. Same reason if all of the brands above put out the same car most would buy the BMW or MB. Many BMW/MB owners would never consider one of these other brands. Then for every Acura, compared to the BMW/MB I think the Acura comes across as a more logical, less expensive alternative.

I own a Cadillac and a BMW and especially with non car people, tell them BMW and the reaction is completely different than the Cadillac. For some, BMW comes with rolling of the eyes, Cadillac with bewilderment and wondering why you have your grandfathers car. With the 50-60 year old man (I sell heavy equipment to primarily older white males), some put Cadillac much higher up than Acura, but at least it is American.

One of my customers made a comment about my ATS but then said his wife has had two SRX's, I think he was just giving me a hard time. Another in a rough area of Detroit told me he was changing our lunch plans because the wheels would be taken during lunch and we had to go somewhere else. I think unlikely.