Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconFlyer View Post
Flpnout.... well the reason why yours look bright it two reasons... you are taking the shot directly from the front... and second... they are not sitting next to a car that has the OEM AE LED lights... Finally... when you put the car in the shade... all of the LED AE lights look good.

The reality for us is that there are no good substitutes for the OEM LED AE lights.... and the current LED lights on the market don't even come close to the brightness. I am going to try a HID light this week and see how they do.
I'm not disputing the fact that OEM LED that come in the new 3 Series like yours are the brightest. I've seen the comparison in person. They definitely draw a lot of attention right away to the headlights. Alpine may come close to OEM LED, but the OEM LED brightness will be evenly distributed on both rings. Looking forward to your comparison with Alpine HIDs.

I shared a comparison pic in the shade with the M3, but when you compare the yellow OEM with them, the LED are much brighter. The true brightness of LED show best in the shade or at night. Side angle has the same effect on yellow OEM. Since my cars don't have the OEM LED options from the factory, I am content with the LUX over the standard yellow OEM any day. The next set of pictures are comparison of LUX and OEM yellow:
Attached Images

Last edited by flpnout; 01-05-2012 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0