Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Thanks, all.

I just saved $2,800 by reusing the old, perfectly good, 17" winter alloys I'd been using on my e85 and keeping the extremely good Nokian Hakkapeliitta R snow tires on them versus the winter wheel and tire package with inferior Blizzak LM-25's that my dealer insisted was the only thing that would fit.

I'm quite curious that no TPMS alert has gone off, since these 7 year-old wheels don't have TPMS sensors in them. I've even checked the vehicle status in iDrive which claims that TPMS is working just fine. This certainly doesn't inspire great confidence in the TPMS, but since I don't rely on it for maintaining proper pressures, I just saved several hundred more by not installing sensors as I'd earlier planned.

Yeah, I realize I would have saved far more by simply not getting a 35iS loaded to the gills, but this still means more money for other mods!
If you park the vehicle near the wheels/tire with the TPMS the car will "think" they are still mounted. However if you drive for 45-60 minutes the TPMS light will trigger. It will reset once it is parked near the TPMS tires.
Appreciate 0