View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

Baldguyj, we don't get a choice for road cars (German T.U.V.), so I could only get H&R part # 28987-1, which probably equate to the Sport version available everywhere else.

I found the springs lowered the car perfectly as far as the optics go. I have the Adaptive suspension, which, having driven both versions, does help a lot, but still had issues with the rear of the car hopping on every irregularity when cornering hard, the springs did not remove all of it, but did improve it noticeably. It did help a bit with the oversteer, but not as much as I would have hoped, but you can feel it coming on much better. I also changed the rear camber from -2.5 to -1.5, which also helped with the understeer a bit, but at the expense of high speed stability, but again not enough to keep me from hitting the limiter when traffic allows. So I am hoping the spacers take just a little more understeer out, then I think I will be happy.

So to specifically address your questions;
Sport Springs

Yes, it did reduce, but not eliminate the looseness. But I find everything so far does allow a lot more confidence when pushing hard. Will let you know how the spacers weigh in after next week.
Appreciate 0