08-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #83
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Certain Platinum and Centurion card customers have lines of credit that are similar to credit cards. Typically goes with those that have real unlimited lines of credit on the cards.
this is correct: depending on your spending habits & status with platinum, amex can offer you a line of credit so the charge card turns into a hybrid charge/credit card; gives you the flexibility of continuing to pay full statements but if needed can transfer balances over w/ APR.

all centurion members have a very high lines of credit to unlimited (crazy example: http://nypost.com/2015/11/18/billion...or-the-points/).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I must ask: what is the use for such high CL? I can't imagine buying anything more than $10k on a card and paying it off at month end.
the high CL purely depends on your spending habits and history with the card. i personally spend avg $7k a month and have a max CL of $40k without requesting more with amex plat and selected for line of credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
You guys know a shit ton about the card. Which is weird cause i haven't seen any marketing yet for it.

This card replaces the palladium card we use to offer fyi.
the palladium is comparable to centurion and by invitation only. avg net worth of a palladium member is ~5m liquid assets to be considered.

in sum, all cards comparable to amex plat will have a feature better from slightly lower annual fee, extra points on purchases, higher air credit (biggest downside to amex plat imo as most cards allow the credit to be used on virtually anything even an air ticket vs amex where you must select an airline and only applies to seat upgrades and in air stuff, although there are loop holes buying gift cards to get reimbursed regardless), 4th night free hotel, etc but i stick with amex due to their customer service.

without a doubt their customer service is superb and their concierge service has never let me down.
their centurion lounges are definitely worth it too if available in your airport.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 08-23-2016 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0