View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #135
LeoRochester
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 xD30i 6M Black Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
I found that the plastic roll bar covers creak. Took a long time to figure it out as you can't exactly climb in the back seat while on the move. Try applying pressure to various parts of the plastic while experiencing the noises.
Thanks for the lead. I read the whole 7 pages here and i seems I have the same problem with the passenger roll bar cover. There are 2 types of noises that I believe are caused by the same plastic covers:
1- There are "hollow thumping" noises that come when I go over bumpy pavement. If I firmly hold that roll bar cover the noise stops, but I feel a strong feedback on my hand, almost as if that roll bar and the plastic cover were directly connected to the shock absorber.
2- The other annoyance is a reverberating noise when driving at ~50mph, that I describe like a very light, loose plastic or metallic piece, that sounds like coming from the roof liner above the passenger's seat. Again, that also goes away when I firmly hold the plastic cover of that roll bar. This one gets worse when it gets warmer.

Funny enough, the driver's roll bar covers do not seem like "directly connected" to the shock absorber, like the passenger's is.

Any hints from anyone...
Appreciate 0