View Single Post
      01-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Hey, when you old farts catch your breath, help me out with a question, PLEASE (must show the proper respect to the elderly). BTW I'll be 54 this year.

Tell me, why would the new type work any different than the current Z paddles (apart from the obvious difference). Couldn't you double tap down shift the new ones, too?

I may be confused about what's different, but aren't we talking about the electronics behind that actual shift paddle and not the shift paddle itself?

Is it possible to retrofit the steering wheel from a 3 series to the Z? For some reason I got the impression BMW steering wheels were different for each model.

Signed, confused in So Ca.
sixty here. I figured I better buy the car before I got to the point that I couldnt fold myself getting into it. Im enjoying this car tremendously. I think the design and execution are just brilliant in every way. I really like the way the black on black looks with the aluminum trim accents in the car and on the steering wheel. This one will be kept for a long time and I have to say I like the paddles more and more the way they are as well as how nicely this car was built. I was contemplating a 370z for my roadster fix, but this car is just miles better in every way.
Appreciate 0