Thread: Z4 test car?!?
View Single Post
      06-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
dds
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster

It is definitly NOT a Z2 but it is interesting and does raise the question why would a Z4 be camaflauged after months after its debute? It is not an M version, it will be in the
$70 thousands range and no one will buy a Z4 for that price. The Soft top possibility is more possible but again just couple of months after release of a hardtop! Unless they are NOT selling them well. Will see.....

Also remember, 5th Gear just did a comparison between 09Boxster and 09 Z4 and the Boxster completely beat the Z4 in every aspect, at the end of the test one of the drivers said that the Boxster is a much better car and is Superior to the Z4, that says alot.

At the end of the day, a true Roadster in its esence should have striking looks, Light Weight, Fast, Highly manuverable, Great Handling, Agile, and make you feel like you are DRIVING the car and not being PART of the Car. The 09 Z4 satisfies the looks, speed (only turbo version), and technology aspect, thats it. It is really a more of a cruiser than a Roadster. Therefore it would make sense to get a 328i/335i with hardtop and slightly cheaper price and you get the four seats as well with more space.
Appreciate 0