View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 12:39 PM   #3
Z4Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89 35i 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
IMO...
please fight the urge to stick on as many exterior mods as you can... Z4 looks nice enough as it is...

maybe add that trunk lip spoiler... even that really depends on the colour of the car if it fits or not... in your case i would paint it to match the roof... Carbon fiber weave is so overdone nowadays that it just isnt special anymore imo.

go do a full paint correction with ceramic coating to make it really shine...

lower it a bit, make it sit on its wheels better... maybe invest in a coilover kit to make it handle better instead of springs... Eibach springs are very day-to-day and dont really add sportiness imo and are mostly for the looks only... Had them on my previous car... was a bit disappointed...

Change wheels maybe...

And instead of flourishing it with tacky tuning lights and grilles, invest in some performance mods... as i said before... suspension... and also power... tbh its a bit of a crime to keep n54 engines stock... you are already in it with all the maintenance n54 needs... then why not taste what makes n54 great... its tuning potential...

And dont paint the calipers... they will look nasty and cheap...have done that on my previous cars aswell.... i just clean my calipers up and replace that spring clip on the front calipers often to keep that looking nice and shiny...
also as this spring clip is removable item on every brake job...and is a servicable item... then theres no point in painting iit... If you want you could upgrade your brakes... and get painted calipers that way... and better braking performance...

thats what i would do...
Thank you so much for your input Kenny. Since this was an exterior only thread I left out the fact that the car has catless downpipes and MHD tune, the power is there, anymore and i'd probably end up in a coffin. Thread updated with performance mods

Regarding the springs, I actually don't want the car to feel any stiffer than it already is to be honest, our city roads are not the best and are full of speed bumps. I mainly just want the lowered look and less tyre gap, which is why I want to go with Eibach.

I kind of agree with you on everything else, sometimes you need people telling you not to do something so it sticks.

I am with you on the carbon fiber, I hate how some items are ONLY available on Carbon fiber.. its so obvious that its an aftermarket item especially for older cars like the Z4.. the spoiler I got is unpainted primed FRP. So im currently deciding on the color.

I think I will drop the grill and crystal led's for now, as its beautiful as it is now.

Again, thanks for the input, its greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Z4Enthusiast; 02-24-2024 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0