View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #61
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoFast1589 View Post
What's up, Rac? Nice trip you had there! This is Josh. So we meet again on another forum.... Let me know if you are around this weekend and I will aggregate BMW friends.
Hey Josh! ... Thanks! I should be around but the Z4 isn't here yet ... it gets into the port on the 17th then has to clear customs and go through the rest of the process. Keep me posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences! I hope to be able to do the same when the new M3 is released
No problem! And that would be great ... keeping my fingers crossed for good things in regard to the next generation M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Fast View Post
Congratulations - your write-up and pictures are a great chronicle of your trip! Your pictures took me back to my ED of my new 335i E92 M-Sport that I took possession of on June 22. The trip ranks as one of the top experiences of my life. I also took my dad with me which was the co-highlight of my trip.

I can't say enough good things about the BMW Welt facility and the awesome welcome I received. You didn't mention the factory tour which I took. Wow - impressive - it reinforces the positive perception that BMW rightfully deserves.

My E92 should hit dock at Port Heuneme (near LA) tomorrow - it's been a very long wait!

For anybody even thinking about ED - just do it!
Thank you! Glad you could relate to some of the same experiences I had. I did not mention the factory tour because I didn't take one. I took a tour of the X5/X6 factory in Spartanburg, SC last year during the Performance Center Delivery of my X6, so I had a chance to see the build process and all of the robotics then ... We decided to make the best use of our time and get an early start to Stuttgart to visit the Mercedes-Benz museum instead of taking another factory tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
That's what I figured so it's not a 64k car then right? It goes by what you paid for it. I just love how people say they paid cheap for a car and then when they feel like they should have gotten something they all of a sudden are driving a 64k car. It's funny how that works. Also why do people brag about how cheap they bought their car for but when they talk about their house they talk about how expensive it is? Wouldn't you rather get a great deal on a house than a car? That is one more thing I will NEVER understand.
I am assuming he got a good deal but it's not like he could have paid $50K for it unless it was pre-owned. ... I understand what you're saying but I think you might be reading into it a little too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
After looking at your pics I've realized that might be the best color I've ever seen on the Z4. Looks so good with the top up bro.
Thank you! The color really does suit the car well!