03-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #145
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsyt View Post
any onr tried both jb4 and ess stage 2?

earlier some,are un willing to pay for ess tunning cos its locked to the vin of the car ..its fair cos it makes business sense to do so .

if you had two cars you would need 2 jb4 piggy backs, so no difference ...only that there may be resale value of the jb4

but i am sure we can also install back the original software when we sell off the car and ask the new owner for a nominal fee to have the ess map

roman ESS ... is the 35i map stage 2,similar to the 35is stock map ???are the boost the same ?

after tunning to stage 2 will the 35i be on par to the stock 35is ?

cant decide but leaning towards ESS as dont want the jerky feeling with jb4

TIA
ESS on our 2012 35is. Totally stock other than that. About $1,000.

JB4 Stage2, Map 1 on our 2012 335 xi (E92, AT), AE performance exhaust and BMS intake (no power addition). No DPs, so can't run Map 2. About $500 for the JB4 and $1,800 for the exhaust.

The Z4 will walk away from the 335xi. EXCEPT, if it's pouring rain and we are taking off from a stop (just the AWD vs RWD). The Z4 sounds so much better too.

But, I have needed to remove the ESS tune a time or too, and each time I had to email ESS for the new software version. Apparently, they change it out or it's set to expire fairly often. But, each time I asked, they were very prompt to email me the new software and answer my questions. I just wish I never had to ask for the new version. At least with JB4, I can walk out to the garage and pull the hardware out in 15 minutes.
Appreciate 0