View Single Post
      04-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Paul S
Rep
Drives: 35i M sport

Interesting. Thanks. My old RS4 had a hard-wired Snooper. But I couldn't be bothered for the Z4.
As an alternative, I bought an Inforad K2. It's doing a good job so far. It's cheap, about the size of a USB stick, transferable between vehicles and on the Z4 sits just beautifully in the gap just below the speedo and rev counter on the dash. No wires, battery lasts about 4 hours and recharges through the cigerette lighter (adaptor provided) and updates its database from your computer. Does mobile and fixed camera sites and has databases for European countries and (it says) the USA. It also monitors your actual speed and beeps away like crazy if you're travelling above the relevent speed limit. Only takes a minute or so to lock on to the GPS when you first turn it on.
A major advantage - in the UK anyway - is that there are no sucker marks left on the windscreen which are always a major temptation for low lifes to break in with a view to stealing what they hope will be an expensive Sat Nav unit left in the glove box.
Appreciate 0