Thread: New Car
View Single Post
      08-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #101
Nati0n
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Not to add fuel to the fire but I've always seen Mercedes and BMW as competitors and Audi a notch down from them, just in price points and in performance. Now speaking about my experiences here at elevation, their forced induction products that are mainly "S" cars (S4, S5, S8) all fall in a really interesting segment of their own that are pretty great. As far as their RS products, they're hit and miss. Some are really lackluster and some are adequate. When I saw an S4 beat an RS5 the other night I laughed really hard, but that's what 6000ft of elevation will do to you. As for BMW and Mercedes, their AMG and M products have always set the bar, not saying that Audi doesn't measure up but they don't always do depending on the car. Generally, I'm still a hardcore AMG/Mercedes fanboy (I love Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, and Koenigsegg in the modern market) and would pick some modern AMG products over M products, but for right now the E90 platform will make the most sense for me.

I stand that for a reliable appliance car get a Japanese vehicle. They are insanely reliable. German cars are fun, inspiring, technologically impressive, and performance machines but they will cost you one way or another.
Appreciate 0