View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl
I wonder if just stopping when the light comes on & calling BMW Assist to tow the car will work for insurance purposes? I mean, if I stop driving as soon as the light comes on, and have the car towed, surly I can't have caused the damage to the tire?
Nope, that won't work, they will just say you must have hit a big pot hole and called for a tow.

This whole situation stinks. It is obvious to me these rims have an issue. What I can't determine is if those folks with issues have hit a pot hole, or a bad section of roadway that may have led to the cracked rim. Regardless, if one compares these 19" rims to all other rims, and the lack thereof of people posting problems with all of the other rim variances, you can only surmise the rims are under-designed, in other words, weak and unable to handle an impact that cracks the rim, but usually doesn't damage the tire.

I detest those that sue in court for any reason, or look for an opportunity to sue. However, if justified, go for it!!! I think a good lawyer, after due diligence, could have a very persuasive argument in court that would win the case. The more folks and more time passes, and more failures of these 296 rims, the issue will eventually come to a head, and I think BMW is simply playing the odds.
Appreciate 0