01-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #303
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpza View Post
Hi, my name's Jules and I'm from the UK. I don't have a Z4 yet, but am going to test drive a couple of 2009 2.3i sDrive cars on Saturday.

I've had my current car (2002 E46 330Ci Sport Auto) for 7 years and 130,000 more or less trouble free miles. Is there any reason to think I will not get the same level of service from a 2009 Z4?

I'm trying to find a buyers guide, but can't find one on the forum (or I'm blind). I've checked out both cars that I am going to test drive by asking my local dealer about them. He's given me the full warranty, recall and original options for both cars. Some of the options are pretty obvious, but for others it's not. Is there a list of option codes anywhere?

The dealer advised me to check the roof well as it can get it's drainage holes blocked with leaves, which in turn results in the electric motor for the folding hard top failing, when it fills with water. Any other areas I should look at? Both cars are 2009, one has more options and has done 60k and the other has fewer options and done 30k.

Any advice or pointers to a more suitable thread (I can't make a new thread asking for advice with a brand new account, at least not until my post count goes up) gratefully received.
What a start... yes get over to the other forum too as its largely UK based. If you're looking at an e89 (2009 on) then ignore whatever advice you've been given about drainage holes and roof motors because that was for the older Z4, whoever gave you that advice for an e89 needs a talking to! Unfortunately the e89 is not without its faults. Rear lights that fill with water, rattles in the cabin and roof mech, but the engines are fairly robust...
Appreciate 0