View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
Vbar
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4z4z4 View Post
keepittrill you only have 15% less horsepower than the 35i and I know on the track you will catch a stock 35i by the 3rd lap and make the pass when it is in limp mode. Your bhp power to curb weight ratio is 12.7lb/hp compared to a 35i at 11.65lb/hp. You have a lower Cd at 0.34 compared to 0.35, you brake better with your curb weight advantage of 250 less lbs.
You get the idea......Now the ability of the 35i owner to spend $1000 for a JB4 tuner with integrated meth injection will create a 7lb/bhp beast that the 30i will then need a few more laps to wait for the limp mode to level the playing field.
You have a great car. Enjoy your ride on the street and use the performance on the track or parking lot events.

Only 15 percent? Thats only true if you believe that the n54 puts down 300hp, which it doesn't, it puts down close to 300@wheels. i I have owned a z4 sdrive30 and ended up getting rid of it for the same reason this poster is talking about. The difference in power is huge, especially when your not talking percentages but actually driving the cars back to back. I had the same issue with the sdrive30i, the fact that it was balanced meant nothing to me because for the day or two a year that i did autocross was negated by the fact that i found it to be slow in a straight line compared to a 35i, in day to day driving. Its really hard to compare the two and i would have never bothered looking at a 35i after owning a sdrive30 if it wasnt for a friend offering a test drive. The 35i sounds completely different and much more visceral the DCT and engine changes everything. Limp mode by the third lap? really? The sdrive30i is a great car but very had to compare to the twin turbo models, if saying it will go into limp mode on a track makes you feel better, so be it.
Appreciate 0